domingo, 21 de abril de 2013

Los Prisioneros


Today, I want to speak about this famous band, because I think that their music contributed to my view of life.
This is a chilian rock band, from the 80's, known for their social criticism. The lyrics talk about issues as social inequality, lack of oportunities, human feelings. It was originally formed by Jorge gonzález, Claudio Narea, and Miguel Tapia. I'm not sure, but actually, they are separated.
Their lyrics borned in a dictatorship, but I think that the problems they claim are the same today. Their struggle can not be further updated.

I like a lot of their songs, but lately, I've heard a lot one song, "amiga mía". This song is not about social struggle, but, for some reason, it touches very deep in me.

Here is a cover of the song, I think it's a very good version: 

And here the original: 


1 comentario:

  1. Estela, What a good song! I think it's one of my favourites songs, I like the lyrics, it's very romantic and it talk about a taboo's topic in this period, the homosexuality in chilean's society.
    Regards!

    ResponderEliminar