martes, 8 de octubre de 2013

My Favorite Band or Singer




My favourite band in this moment is Los prisioneros. In spite of that I already talk about this band last semester, I would like to mention them again, because they are so good and contingent that they deserve all my appreciation. I know more about them that months ago, first of all, they formed the band in the community of San Miguel in Santiago de Chile in the year 1979. The band was initially formed by Jorge González, Claudio Narea and Miguel Tapia. As you can see, the group was born in a dictatorship, and because of their lyrics which talked against the dictatorship, they where vetoed until the "democracy" arrived. Los Prisioneros talked about the society and culture that the dictatorship and repression formed, as they said: "La cultura de la basura" (Culture of trash). They protested against Pinochet, but also against arrivisme, light music that says anything, and fake conceptions about love. They play Rock music; they started developing a simple sound punk with touches of reggae and new wave, and later the synth pop. They recognize to have many music influences, they used to heard The Beatles, Kiss, Queen, The Bee Gees, The Clash, The Stranglers,  The Cars, Adam and the Ants, Devo, The Police, between others. Today, they are separated. 
I don’t know very much about “musical sounds” and who’s a great musician or who’s not, I think that the important thing is that this music touches your mind and heart and has a message to bring. And that’s why I love Los Prisioneros, because since the first time I heard them, at 7 years old I think, I never stopped to discovered new things in their music. As a kid I just loved the sound, because I didn’t understand the lyrics, but when I started to grow up I discovered more reasons to love them. Jorge González is a big one, I don’t have more words!!!

I present to you the song “Independencia Cultural”, I love this song because make us think about Chilean society and his music is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qob3dcu4wXM

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario